While most people may not begin a relationship just because of sexual benefits, sex tends to be one of the most important ingredients in most relationships and in some cases the main motivator of such unions. And in such cases, sexual dissatisfaction can be very detrimental to the couples’ happiness and relationship. While dissatisfaction in the bedroom can affect all kinds of couples, it is often very common with couples who have been together for years and have kids. In this insightful post, we shall discuss some of the most important things that you can do to improve your likelihood of enjoying a satisfying sex life. In your quest to enjoy great and satisfying intercourse with your partner, there are a number of very important things that you should take into consideration such as the following: maintaining a good health, having time to communicate with your partner, and adopting self-help strategies. Adopting these relevant things will definitely go a long way in adding that sparkle to your special moments in the bedroom with your partner.
Maintain a good Health
Maintaining good health plays a very important role in ensuring that your goal of enjoying a satisfying sex life becomes a reality. The tips below will help you maintain a good health so that you can enjoy your alone time with your partner between the sheets:
- Regularly work out: Studies have shown that there is a very strong link between exercise and sex. The more exercise that you have, the higher your chances are of having more fun during your intimate times. According to scientists, when the body is exercised, the brain responds by producing endorphins which in turn produce sex hormones.
- These hormones bring a lot of advantages with them such as lowering your blood pressure, relaxing your body, reducing your heart rate and increasing the proper circulation of blood in your body. The latter can play an important role in increasing your desire for sex as well as make it more enjoyable considering the fact that sexual arousal in both women and men has a lot to do with the flow of blood to the genitals.
- Reduce alcohol consumption: Many are of the misconception that taking alcohol will increase their ability to perform very well in the bedroom, and as a result of that they use all manners of alcoholic beverages as aphrodisiacs – often to the point where they actually begin to abuse them. Others also simply abuse alcohol just for the love of it. But whether you abuse alcohol for aphrodisiac purposes or just for the love of it, excessive intake of alcohol can be detrimental to your sexual health as well as your overall health. Numerous studies over the years have shown that too much consumption of alcohol reduces libido and sexual response in both men and women. In men, regularly consuming alcohol in large quantities can cause difficulties in achieving and maintaining erection, whereas in women, prolonged abuse of alcohol can easily lead to challenges in getting aroused and achieving orgasms. It can even contribute greatly to fertility issues.
- Avoid Smoking: There are certain habits that definitely need to be avoided if you want to have the best in your sexual health, and smoking is one of such habits. We all know that smoking brings a lot of hazards to the health, but what many don’t know is that it can also negatively affects a man’s sexual arousal and erection. But how does it do that? You ask. Smoking causes significant damage to the blood vessels and prevents the smooth and proper flow of blood to all parts of the body, including to the genitals. And when there isn’t a proper flow of blood in the body, this can easily lead to erectile dysfunction and ultimately reduce your performance in the bedroom. Smoking also renders the body weak, which can in turn reduce sexual performance because of the considerable amount of energy loss. When it comes to women, cigarette smoking is just as harmful to them as it is to men. Since smoking tampers with the proper circulation of blood in the body, it decreases the amount of blood that flows to the woman’s genitals, which in turn leads to a low sexual arousal and libido. This greatly decreases her likelihood of reaching an orgasm.
- Eat Healthy: If you want to have a good sex life, you have to check what you take into your body. Your health and well being play a significant role in your sexual health. An unhealthy person obviously will reduce their likelihood of having a good time in the bedroom. This means that your body needs to be nourished with essential food elements to keep it in great shape for everyday activities, including that which takes place in the bedroom. For example, eating more fruits and vegetables and eating foods devoid or low in sodium and fats is good for preventing certain dangerous diseases such as vascular diseases, which are not only dangerous for your health, but are also known to have detrimental effects on your sexual health because they are one of the diseases that can easily lead to erectile dysfunction if not managed properly. In order to avoid all these problems, it becomes very important to eat healthy diets all the time.
- Strive for a balanced and healthy Weight: One of the best things that you can do for yourself is to keep a healthy weight. Obesity has a very negative effect on your sexual health as well as your overall health. People who are obese have greater chances of contracting certain dangerous diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure or hypertension, which are conditions that can easily have a negative effect on your sex life. In men, the medical conditions that come with obesity can cause them to suffer poor blood circulation to the genitals and other parts of their bodies, thereby leading to erectile problems. Just like in obese men, obese or overweight women also face a similar issue of proper flow of blood to their genitals and other parts of the body, which can greatly bring down their sexual arousal. Owing to this, it is very imperative that you watch and control your weight. You can control your weight by regularly eating healthy meals consisting of more of vegetables and fruits and less of fats. You should also support the healthy meals with frequent physical activities such as jogging, swimming, brisk walking, etc. Maintaining a healthy weight gives you multiple benefits. It not only keeps you healthy but it also improves your sex life and increases your likelihood of frequently enjoying orgasmic bliss with your partner.
- Manage stress: Stress not only plays a detrimental role to your overall health, but it also negatively affects your performance in the bedroom. You can keep stress under control by doing simple things such as having a good night’s sleep, relaxing, making time for fun activities, exercising, etc.
Sex is an amazing and pleasurable experience, but it could also lead to some tragic results if you do not handle it with care. In as much as you want to enjoy your sexual life, there is also the need to protect yourself from things such as unplanned pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases (STD), which of course can be very dangerous to your health. You can prevent both unplanned pregnancies and STDs by the use of condoms. In addition to condom usage, it is also advisable that you visit your doctor’s office for regular checkups to know your status and ensure the safety of you and your partner.
Talking to your Partner
It is imperative that communication be at the center of every relationship. Emphasis cannot be laid enough on how important it is to talk to your partner both in the bedroom and outside. But why is communication important? There are so many reasons why this is important. For a guy, you might feel you are hitting all the right notes in the bedroom because you perceive yourself as that full of energy alpha male who never slows pace. You look at how she moans and shakes to your powerful thrusts sometimes and this makes you feel you are on top of your game. Well, maybe you might be hitting the rights notes. But wait a minute! Have you taken a moment to consider the possibility that that look on her face or her screams during your violent thrusts could be due to the fact that she is experiencing some level of discomfort? This is why it is very good to talk to her. Ask her if she is enjoying it. Don’t be shy; there is nothing to be shy about communicating with your partner before, during and after sex. And for you, the lady, he allows you to take charge. You sit on top of him and ride him like a bull. You grind and ride away like no man’s business and observe that his eyes are closed. So yeah, you are doing an excellent job. But are you really doing an excellent job? Well, it could be true that you are sending him to the paradise of sexual pleasure, but there is no harm in asking if he is enjoying you.
In fact the more you communicate with each other, the more enjoyable the experience is going to be for both of you. This is the reason why couples who don’t communicate with each other don’t have as much fun and satisfaction between the sheets as couples who take time to talk with each other before, during and even after the love making session.
It would interest readers to know that despite communication being one of the most important things to do during the act, to most couples, communication is one of the hardest things to do because of a number of things, including shyness, selfishness, not knowing the importance of communication, etc. But we want to use this opportunity to encourage couples to learn how to communicate with each other. Communication in the bedroom is simple. There isn’t much to it. All you would be doing is letting your partner know what you find pleasurable, what you want and what you don’t like. It is as simple as that. And of course if your partner is giving you so much pleasure, let them know that you are enjoying it and having a good time! This will not only make them feel good, but it will also encourage them to keep up the good work. At the end of the act, both you and your partner are going to be left smiling and satisfied. It is worth noting that communication can also be non-verbal, where you use things such as your body and hands to do the talking. For example body movements, coupled with things such as grabbing, touching, facial expressions can let your partner know in a non-verbal way whether you are enjoying what they are doing or not. Another important thing to take note of with regard to communication is that you don’t only communicate during love making. Communication can be done before the act, in the course of the act and after the act.
Using Self-help Strategies
In addition to all the important things mentioned above, there are also some wonderful self-help tips that you can adopt to increase your chances of enjoying a satisfying sex life with your partner.
Dryness of the vagina is one of the problems that hinder many women from having great sex. This condition is often common when the woman isn’t aroused enough before penetration takes place. This can cause pains during sexual intercourse and may deny the woman the pleasure and satisfaction she is supposed to have. Thankfully, this problem can be remedied by engaging in a long foreplay before the actual intercourse begins. Another great way to solve this problem is by the use of lubricating liquids and gels to keep the vagina wet for smooth insertion of the penis.
“If you are getting the same result, try something different”. This powerful statement applies in all areas of life, including your sex life. Testing and experimenting different things such as sex positions with your partner are ideal for improving sex and pleasure in the bedroom. Different sex positions can also help you overcome problems relating to weight, size and body type that can hinder you and your partner from having a smooth sexual intercourse. It helps to be flexible and willing to experiment further. Don’t stick to constantly using only one position in the bedroom. There are numerous very fun and pleasurable positions that you can adopt besides the traditional missionary position.
Practice Kegel Exercise
One of the most useful things you can do to improve your chances of enjoying yourself in the bedroom is by regularly practicing Kegel exercises, which is the process of clenching/contracting and unclenching/releasing the pelvic floor muscles in the pelvic region. These muscles support your pelvic organs and control the flow of urine. When you engage in Kegel exercises, the pelvic muscles become stronger. But why is Kegel exercise important? Performing Kegels are important for both men and women since it can help in improving bladder control as well as sexual arousal and pleasure during intercourse. But how are Kegels done? Kegels are done by squeezing or contracting the muscles around the pelvic area as if you are trying to stop yourself from urinating or passing gas and holding on to the contraction for about three seconds before letting go for a couple of seconds. You can repeat this continuously for about 10 times during each session. Experts advise that you have about 3 sessions of Kegel exercises every day. No need for a specific place to perform this exercise. You can do it anywhere such as in your bed, while standing, in the office, while driving, etc. Some people even perform Kegels during urination. However, we don’t recommend that you do that when you are urinating since some medical professionals believe that doing that can lead to problems of the bladder.
Use Adult Toys
You can also take your pleasure in the bedroom to another level by introducing adult toys. There are loads and loads of them to choose from to add some sparkle to your sex life. Some of the most common examples of adult toys include dildos and vibrators. These toys stimulate the erogenous zones on the body such as the clitoris, vagina, anus, etc in order to produce erotic pleasure and orgasms. Whether you are a man or woman, you should know that incorporating adult toys into your activities in the bedroom can greatly help increase your sexual desire and intercourse satisfaction. For a woman, these toys can even help her to discover and learn more about the way she responds to sexual stimulation and arousal. Thus she gets to know what she likes and what helps her achieve orgasm faster. Knowing these important things will help her communicate properly to her partner to do exactly what will make her happy in the bedroom and improve her relationship.
Have some time
As you grow older, you experience certain changes in your sex life. These things come along with the aging process. For example, you may not be experiencing the same pleasure and explosive orgasms you had when you were a bit younger. When this happens, it is advisable not to be too hard on yourself or your partner. Overworking yourself may cause problems to your health and would not augur well for your relationship. Instead, you need to give yourself and your partner sometime by exploring other methods and positions that can equally give you exciting results. It doesn’t matter how long it takes for you to achieve it, the most important thing is that you have other alternatives to compensate or fill the holes that have been left in your sex life by your aging body. Just take your time, and you shall surely get there.
Check your Medication
It helps to check on the medications you are on since there are several medications that are known to hamper performance in the bedroom. Some of these medications include the following: blood pressure lowering medications, antihistamines for heartburn sufferers, hormone medications for people suffering from low-testosterone levels, and antidepressants. That said, we will never advise you to go off medications that are needed for your health. But we do recommend is that you see your doctor or pharmacist who would be in the best position to advise if there are alternative medications you can use. It is also possible that these professionals can give you advice on ways to use the medication so the adverse effects it causes are mitigated.
Try healthy and natural Aphrodisiacs
There is a host of aphrodisiacs that can be resorted to for a satisfying and healthy sex life. You do not have to resort strictly to pharmaceutical sex enhancers on the market simply because nature, in its own way, makes some provisions for this. There are so many healthy and natural foods out there that scientists believe are very powerful aphrodisiacs. Some common examples of these foods include the following:
- Asparagus: In addition to being rich in Vitamin E, asparagus also increases the production of sex hormones, thereby making this vegetable one heck of a libido increaser.
- Watermelon: There is a compound in watermelons called citrulline. This compound works almost in the same fashion as Viagra does in the sense that it relaxes the blood vessels and allows the proper flow of blood to the genitals to increase sexual arousal.
- Pomegranate: Another very healthy food very rich in aphrodisiac qualities is pomegranate. This fruit increases blood flow thanks mainly to being rich in anti-oxidants.
Other famous foods known for being excellent aphrodisiacs include chocolate, oysters, chilies, macas, celeries and bananas.
Lack of relevant information about sexual related issues can be a stumbling block to having a better sex life. This is why we always recommend that our readers take time to regularly update themselves and partners with very useful tips on how to improve those intimate sessions in the bedroom and turn them into pure ecstasy. Besides this highly insightful article we have prepared for you, there are many more avenues of getting relevant information to boost your sex life such as from sex therapists and experts. One of the important ingredients needed to have a very happy romantic relationship is satisfying intercourse with your partner. The more satisfaction you both get in bed, the happier and stronger your relationship is going to be. So invest your time and energy in making that happen!